Who we are
- Information we collect
- Information Provided Through Services
- Information Collected Automatically
- Cookies and Other Website Tracking
- How we Use the Information
- How we Share Information
- Your Rights and Choices
- Processing Your Information
- Security and Storage of Information
- GDPR Compliance
- California Data Disclosure
- Contacting Us
Information We Collect
We collect information about you directly from you and automatically through your use of our website and service. In order to help protect yourself and your information, we encourage you to only provide information that is necessary to use our service. Information we collect for every user includes:
- Full Name
Information Provided Through Services
- Booking with Companies that use Periodic: Companies that use Periodic have the option to make their own customizable bookable. With this process, the company has the option to ask questions that they deem important to make their booking. This information can vary greatly. The company can then decide to collect that information if they deem it necessary for their business.
To find out more about what personal data a company using Periodic collects on you, please feel free to contact said company.
- Billing Information for Periodic Users: If a customer of a Periodic using Company bills their customer, we store some of this data. This data includes:
- last 4 digits of credit card number
- type of credit card
We also give users the option to share information with us via integrated services. Once a user has opted in, we may automatically collect data from those connected services in order to effectively determine availability or process orders.
- Google Calendar: Once a user has authorized a connection to their Google calendar, we will automatically collect free/busy information about each event on the calendar, including new events as they are added to the calendar. We use this data only to determine whether or not the user is available for new reservations created through our system. We store only the start time, end time, and status of each event. We do not store any details (title, description, location, etc.) of these events, and we do not share the collected event information with anyone.
Information Collected Automatically
Cookies and Other Website Tracking
- Other Website Analytics Services: Dependent on your privacy preferences, we use third party service providers such as Google Analytics to provide certain analytics and user interactions services to Periodic in connection with our operation of our platform, including the collection and tracking of certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors Periodic. You may opt-out of Google Analytics on their website.
How we Use the Information
- Provide Periodic Services: We use your personal information to bring you the best possible service and will only use the information necessary to provide you our services. We are trying to make Periodic the best it can be and the data that you provide us about our site helps in doing just that. We always strive to make Periodic a better business and we use this data to help grow and look at how to improve.
- Communicate with You: We try to get back to users as soon as possible on all inquiries. Feel free to contact us at any point using our contact page found here.
- Service Communication: We provide service emails to keep you update to date with Periodic or to make sure our service is working correctly. These messages are necessary for the function of Periodic.
- Promotional: Depending on your opt-out preferences, we may send emails in the future about new features and other news about Periodic. You may opt-out of receiving these emails at any time by following a link in the email. We will not use the email addresses that you enter through email invitations to send any type of direct marketing.
- Administrative: We may contact you to inform you about changes to our services, service offerings, policy changes, or other important updates.
- Legal Compliance: We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations. Such as informal requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
How We Share Information
We will not share your information with anyone unless indicated in this Policy or when we inform you and give you the opportunity to opt-out of sharing this data.
- With third-party Providers and Services: We use other services to provide services on our behalf to make our services better for our users. For example, we use Cheddar for all billing of users that use Periodic through a company. We also use services to collect and analyze data about user’s interactions with our services. The providers and services might have access to your information to provide you these functions. We require all of our providers and services to practice and take reasonable steps to protect any personal data that we provide them. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- To comply with Legal Process and Protect our Users: We may share your data if we believe it is necessary to comply with law, regulations, or legal requests. Including but not limited to: subpoena, court order, or warrant. We may also share your data to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Periodic. As well as to detect, prevent, or otherwise address, security, technical issues or illegal and suspected illegal activities.
Your Rights and Choices
- E-mail: If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, you may opt-out of these emails by following the link on the email. It may take a few days to process this request. Please note that opting out of these emails will not stop service related emails coming in. To stop service related emails you have the option to delete your account.
- Account: To update and complete your personal data, you can log in and review/update your account information. You may contact us to request that personal information be sent to you, deleted, or corrected. Please see the GDPR section below for more information on this process. Subject to applicable law, we will retain and use your account information only as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- Cookies: You can at any point change your cookie preferences for the Periodic website above under “Cookies and Other Website Tracking“. You can also change your browser setting to handle cookies in how you seem fit for your online experience. Please note that allowing all cookies makes the website and our services run optimally.
- Third Party Analytics Services: You have the ability to opt-out of some of the services we offer. Such as the ability to opt-out of Google Analytics. You can do so by visiting your cookie preferences or going to the Google Analytics website.
Processing your Information
- Consent: The use of your personal information is dependent on your consent. To withdraw consent, please contact us below. You may also change your cookie consent on the cookie page found above under “Cookies and Other Website Tracking“.
- Bettering Periodic: We may use your personal information to help better our company and provide the best service possible to you. We will only use this information if given prior consent to do so. All personal information gathered will be necessary and only used to provide and better our services.
Security and Storage of Information
We take necessary and safe steps to protect the personal data we collect. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. We will do our best to provide safe data storage in all cases. If there is a data breach, the correct officials will be notified in a timely manner. Your personal data protection is of upmost importance to us at Periodic.
You as a user should also take steps to help protect your own personal data. Such as protecting against unauthorized access to your device or account. You can do so by having a good password and keeping your login data private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or any activity on your account that may happen from unauthorized access.
Data Backup Policy: These are details on how we backup our data at Periodic.
- 6 months of daily backups
- 12 months of monthly backups
- Do not keep anything beyond these times unless requested. (see below)
- We do not automatically anonymize back-ups.
We offer an opt-in policy for anonymizing data and keeping the data longer than default. If you would like to request an estimate for getting your data anonymized or kept longer, please contact us here or in the “Contact Us” link in the footer.
Here at Periodic we make sure to comply to all data regulations. This includes data regulations introduced by GDPR. GDPR gives people who live in the EU rights to certain personal data actions. These actions are:
- The right to erasure: This gives users the right to have personal data erased. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- The right to be informed: This makes it so individuals have the right to be informed of how their information is being collected and how it is being used.
- The right to access: A user has the right to request access to their own personal data. We as a company have one month to respond to this request.
- The right to data portability: This gives the user the option to receive personal data they have provided to a controller in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. It also gives them the right to request that a controller transmits this data directly to another controller.
- The right to object: This gives the user a right to ask to stop the processing of their personal data.
- The right to restrict processing: This allows the user to restrict the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right in relation to automated decision making and profiling: This allows users to request information about how this automated decision is being made. As well as challenging this process.
- The right to rectification: This gives users the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified.
If you have any questions or would like to contact us about completing one of your rights listed, please click on the “Contact Us” link in the footer or click here.
Please note that the information we collect will be processed and stored within the United States. By submitting your personal information to Periodic and using Periodic, you expressly consent to having your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States or another jurisdiction which may not offer the same level of privacy protection as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
California Data Disclosure
People that have current residence in California may request a list of all third parties that we have disclosed any personal information for direct marketing purposes and the categories of information disclosed. If you are a California resident and wish to get such a list, please contact us below and specify the nature of your request.
We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions.
This policy will be kept up to date with our current workflow and any changes that need to be made based on our services will be updated here. Please be sure to check back here periodically to see any changes that could have been made.