Periodic now offers a Custom Dictionary feature to allow users to alter any text or wording visible on the Booking Site and create booking experiences in languages other than English. To make the change fast, users can select between English and Spanish display options. However, since all of the text is editable through this setting, you can edit every field to create Booking Sites in languages other than English and Spanish.
These settings are present on the Marketplace for Admin users to apply across every Booking Site, on Providers to override default Marketplace dictionaries, and even Bookables. So you can apply a default dictionary on the Marketplace, allow Providers to create their own custom dictionaries, and display English and Spanish Bookables on the same Provider on the Booking Site.
This feature gives users the power to customize, alongside the CSS Editor, the entire booking journey. With a few clicks and key terms, you can brand the booking experience to your customers to the letter.
Admin Custom Dictionaries
- As an Admin User, login to the Dashboard
- Navigate to Settings > Appearance
- Open the Custom Dictionaries side nav and create a new Custom Dictionary
- Edit and change any of the default wording to dictionary custom to your booking experience (every field on the Booking Site is editable here)
Provider-level Custom Dictionaries
Provider-level dictionaries can be saved and applied for single Providers. They will not be accessible or visible to other Providers.
- Navigate to the edit option on your Provider on the Dashboard
- Open the Custom Dictionaries left nav
- View any existing Marketplace dictionaries
- Create a custom dictionary for the Provider
Applying Dictionaries to Bookables
- Edit the Bookable in the Dashboard
- Navigate to the Options
- Open the Custom Dictionary option
- Apply a dictionary to a single Bookable