When your Periodic Marketplace is first created it is hosted in a temporary domain space in the following convention:
- Dashboard – admin.marketplaceSubdomain.periodic.is
- Booking Site – marketplaceSubdomain.periodic.is
- Provider Booking Sites – ProviderSubdomain.marketplaceSubdomain.periodic.is
- Bookable Booking Sites – BookableSubdomain.marketplaceSubdomain.perioidic.is
However, users on paid plans have the option of pointing a custom domain name to their Marketplace. The result is that your Marketplace is hosted as follows:
- Dashboard – admin.yourCustomDomain.com
- Booking Site – yourCustomDomain.com
- Provider Booking Sites – providerSubdomain.yourCustomDomain.com
- Bookable Booking Sites – bookableSubdomain.yourcustomDomain.com
Note that having your own custom domain removes the Periodic.is level of subdomain from your domain convention, so it’s a useful tool if you’d like to completely white-label your Booking Sites.
POINT YOUR DOMAIN TO PERIODIC’S SERVERS
If you’ve registered your own custom domain for your booking system, pointing it to our servers is easy. First, login to your account at your registrar and navigate to the DNS settings for the domain you’d like to use. Second, you will need to create TWO separate DNS entries:
- A record for the root domain. This should be an A(host) record for HOST: @ pointing to 18.104.22.168 (US-based) or 22.214.171.124 (non-US)
- A wildcard record for all subdomains. Depending on your registrar, this can be accomplished with either a CName(alias) for HOST: * Pointing to @ OR an additional A record for *.yourCustomDomain.com pointing to 126.96.36.199 (US-based) or 188.8.131.52 (non-US)
An A record always points to a specific IP address. CNAMEs are designed to point to another domain name. Some registrars, including GoDaddy, allow you to point a CNAME to “@”, which is an alias for your domain. Other registrars may limit you to having a single A record, in which case you’ll need to use the CNAME option.
ADDING YOUR CUSTOM DOMAIN IN PERIODIC
After you’ve configured the required DNS entries for your custom domain, update your Periodic marketplace with the new domain.
- From your Dashboard, go to Settings
- Select Options
- Enter your Domain Name in Marketplace Settings
- Make sure to SAVE this edit by clicking the green SAVE button at the top right of your page
Keep in mind that DNS settings often take time to propagate. Some registrars don’t publish the changes you make immediately, and some internet service providers cache DNS information, so you may not see the update to your domains right away. If you’re having trouble, please let us know!