Resource Groups allow for varied types of Resource assignments on reservations using one or more Resources. Resource Groups also allow Dashboard users to optionally require or display Resources to customers booking. This feature is a great way to organize a marketplace for scalability as you create more Resources and Bookables.
Creating Resource Groups
- Navigate to the Resource page from the Configuration tab
- From the Actions drop down, select “Create New Group”
- Give the Resource Group a name
- Associate with a Provider
- Click “Create Group”
- Checkbox your desired Resources for the group
- Every Resource in a Resource Group must have the same Provider association*
- Select Action > Add to Group
Attaching Resource Groups to Bookables
Priority Order – Resource is assigned automatically and never seen by the customer booking. The Resource first on the list will always be assigned if available and if not, then the second Resource, then the third Resource, etc.
Round Robin – Resource is assigned automatically and never seen by the customer booking. Resources will be assigned to reservations in a looping order and as evenly as possible.
Customer Choice – Resource is selected manually by the customer when booking.
Resource Claim – Customer books a reservation without a Resource and the user managing that Resource later claims that reservation. The customer never sees the Resource when booking.